2LJ Productions (“2LJP”) is holding an online acting contest to find the best lead actress for 2LJP’s upcoming feature drama currently entitled Starfall. The winner will receive a cash prize (see below), as well as the opportunity to negotiate a contract for the lead female role in Starfall. Contestants are required to answer certain questions and upload two photos and a self-recording of three pre-selected monologues. Top contestants from the first round will be asked to give a Skype audition. Top contestants from the second round will then be asked to give an in-person audition, after which the winner will be determined.
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NOTE: Finalists may be required to attend an event in Los Angeles, California, on or about September 1, 2016 to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Finalists will be provided reasonable traveling expenses if the finalist is required to travel more than 100 miles. As an alternative, a representative or representatives of 2LJP may travel to the finalist’s location.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: 2LJP’S acting contest is open to all adult women who are legal residents of any of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia or Canada. Entrants must be18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE; 21 years of age or older if a resident of MS). The following individuals ARE NOT eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of 2LJP, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) of, and those living in the same households as, each such individual. Contest is void outside the USA and Canada and where prohibited. All submissions will be screened and must comply with these Official Rules to be eligible. If at any time, submitted content is considered to violate the Official Rules, contestant may be disqualified.
- TO ENTER: The contest entry period begins on October 6, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET and the deadline for submissions is May 31, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET (the “Entry Period”). Entry will take place through 2LJP’s website (www.2ljproductions.com). BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION (a self-recording of three pre-selected monologues), YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST. Follow the on-screen instructions to submit your audition. Once uploaded, your submission will not be returned. 2LJP may, at its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any submission it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant. Individuals who comply with the rules and provide eligible submissions will be deemed Entrants in the contest. Anything submitted by a contestant, including, but not limited to photos, self-recordings, Skype or other videos, is the property of 2LJP and by entering this Contest, Contestant agrees to transfer copyright and all other rights in the same to 2LJP. Anything submitted by a Contestant will not be returned to Contestant.
- A completed online entry form including your name, phone number, email address, and mailing address.
- Agreement to, acceptance of, and compliance with all of the Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of the contest.
- Submission of two photos: one headshot and one body shot. Both must be clearly visible.
- Upload of three self-recorded monologues. Each of the three recordings must feature one of the following pre-selected monologues: Three Sisters (from the stage play by Anton Chekhov), A Doll’s House (from the stage play by Henrik Ibsen), and Miss Julie (from the stage play by August Strindberg). No other monologues will be accepted. Uploads featuring any monologues other than the foregoing will result in automatic disqualification. Monologues are posted on 2LJP’s Facebook page at: facebook.com/2LJProductions.
- Answers to the questions provided by 2LJP regarding comfort level with certain types of scenes.
- Third party trademarks/logos/intellectual property – Videos that capture another company’s trademark, logo, or intellectual property may be disqualified. Things to watch for include: trademarks/logos on baseball caps, sneakers, or t-shirts, and background music. 2LJP may elect to blur incidental third party trademarks or logos in videos at its sole discretion.
- Third party recordings – Entrants may record the videos themselves or have another third party record them. If a third party other than the Entrant has recorded any of the videos, the Entrant must have written permission from said third party to submit the video, and Entrant must obtain a signed release from the videographer and submit the same to 2LJP.
- Contestant’s monologue recordings – Videos must include the contestant only and videos that capture a third party other than the contestant will subject the entrant to disqualification. There must be no music, dialogue, or any other sounds in the video besides that of the contestant. WebM, Mp4, MOV, AVI are all acceptable file formats for the video recordings. Length, pace, and interpretation of monologues may be decided by the contestant as she feels appropriate subject to the restrictions set forth in this section of the Official Rules.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that each video:
- Is original (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained written permission to submit the video, as set forth below).
- Does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- Is suitable for public viewing.
By submitting an entry, Entrant represents that she owns all rights to each element of her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. If someone other than the Entrant captured the video, Entrant further represents that she has obtained an assignment of rights to her from the third party that captured the video. 2LJP’s determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants 2LJP and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis, each element of the Entrant’s entry, and use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph (collectively, “Likeness”), and/or statements regarding her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant’s name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of any element of the entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the entry or Entrant’s likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of 2LJPs Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold 2LJP, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant’s entry, or the Entrant’s conduct in submitting an entry or creating a video or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release 2LJP from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of 2LJP infringes Entrant’s rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the entry.
Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, 2LJP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, 2LJP reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Entrants/Finalists agree that 2LJP has the right, at its sole discretion, to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of 2LJP are final and binding.
- JUDGING CRITERIA (BREAKDOWN OF CONTEST STRUCTURE AND SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER):
Auditions/Callbacks: Each eligible submission will be reviewed by the Judge. The top submissions selected by the Judge based on the below criteria will become the Finalists and continue to each subsequent round of the contest until elimination. The number of Contestants anticipated is at least 1,000.
At the end of Round 1, twenty-four (24) Finalists will be selected to advance into the next round. Round 1 will be based solely on the submitted materials.
Round 2 will start with twenty-four (24) Finalists, with eight (8) Finalists advancing into the next Round. Round 2 will consist of a Skype audition during which contestants will be reading dialogue from Starfall.
Round 3 (“Final Round”)
The Final Round will start with the remaining eight (8) Finalists. It will consist of an in-person callback during which contestants will be acting scenes from Starfall. One (1) Finalist will be selected by the Judge from the remaining eight (8) Finalists. The one (1) Finalist remaining will be deemed the winner (“Winner”) and will receive the grand prize (“Grand Prize”). The winner’s name will be posted on 2LJP’s website (www.2ljproductions.com) by December 31, 2016. If a winner is later disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Judge will choose a replacement winner at his sole discretion.
Selection of Finalists: Entries will be judged by the President and Founder of 2LJP. Each entry will be evaluated based on the following judging criteria:
- Acting range as demonstrated in the three self-recorded monologues.
- Personal charisma.
- Suitability of the contestant’s look for the characters in Starfall.
- How the contestant answers questions regarding comfort level with certain types of scenes.
- Suitability of the contestant’s acting style for the characters in
- Suitability of the contestant’s look for the characters in
- Contestant’s comfort level with subject matter in Starfall
- Contestant’s signing of confidentiality agreement regarding subject matter in
- Suitability of the contestant’s acting style for the characters in Starfall.
- Suitability of the contestant’s look for the characters in
- Interaction of the contestant with other actors in the audition scene(s).
Grand Prize (Winner): $50,000 and the opportunity to negotiate a contract for the lead role of “Kendall” in Starfall. Sponsor agrees to negotiate said contract in good faith and according to industry standards for a similar lead role in an independent film with a similar budget, genre, etc. The cash value of the acting contract is approximately $15,000. If, in sponsors sole discretion, winner will not agree to a reasonable, good faith contract in accordance with industry standards, then 2LJP may disqualify Winner and choose another Winner. The winner will be announced by December 31, 2016. The $50,000 cash prize will be awarded by December 31, 2016. If, for any reason, the Picture is not made, the winner will receive $15,000 instead of the acting contract.